- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Betterment Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- FeaturesEditor: 90%
- ValueEditor: 90%
See current Betterment promotions and sign-up offers updated here. Betterment and Wealthfront are two of the most popular players in automated investing. They’re also known as Robo-Advisors in the investment community.
If you’re interested in looking for a financial planner, take a look at SmartAsset, which is free to use.
Betterment is pretty much a lower cost alternative to hiring an investment advisor. The thing is, investment advisors typically only work with people with high net worths anyway. Betterment gives you investment advice in an automated fashion. This saves them money and in turn saves money for you.
Using automation, they are able to maximize your return on investments, all while minimizing a lot of the risk associated with investing in the market.
Betterment is a reputable service and has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes and Bloomberg.
Current promotions are below.
Betterment Investing Promotion: 12 Months Of Free Service
Right now you can receive up to 12 months of free service from Betterment with an initial deposit of at least $15,000.
- You must fund at least the $15,000 initial deposit within 45 days of signup
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferable.
- Offer available to U.S. Residents only.
|Deposits within 45 days||Bonus Free Management|
|$15,000 – $99,999||1 Month Free|
|$100,000 – $249,999||6 Months Free|
|$250,000+||1 Year Free|
Betterment Checking: No-Fee Online Checking
Betterment has launched it’s Betterment Checking account and it’s now one of the top free Checking account options.
- All ATM fees reimbursed worldwide
- Get ATM fees reimbursed directly to your account without lifting a finger. This is every ATM, worldwide, where Visa is accepted. After you’ve withdrawn your cash, you’ll get a push notification confirming that the fee will be reimbursed by Betterment.
- Visa foreign transaction fees reimbursed
- They’re reimbursing Visa’s 1% fee on foreign transactions, purchases, and ATM transactions. Put this together with the worldwide ATM fee reimbursement and you’ve got an amazing travel companion card.
- No monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balances, and no overdraft fees
- Mobile Check Deposit is available for all Betterment Checking users
- Checking is FDIC insurance up to $250,000
Betterment Cash Reserve Rate Offer: 0.40% APY
Unfortunately the rate isn’t as attractive after the Fed’s rate cut.
- What you’ll get: 0.40% APY
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- How to earn it:
- Earn a variable rate up to 0.40% APY.
- A minimum deposit of $10 is required, but there is no minimum balance required to be maintained.
- Account Features:
- Eligible for FDIC insurance up to $1M
- Unlimited transfers in and out
- Cash Reserve has no fees on your account balance and no minimum balance
FEATURED SAVINGS & MONEY MARKET OFFERS
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|CIT Bank Money Market||1.00% APY||Review|
|UFB High Yield Savings Account||1.00% APY||Review|
|American Express® Personal Savings,|
|1.00% APY (Annual Percentage Yield) as of 6/25/2020||Review|
Betterment Referral Bonus: Extra Free Year
Promo has updated to a “special” offer. See the link for details.
You can earn an extra free year of Betterment service with their referral offer, on top of the initial free service promotion above.
- For every referral who funds, you get 30 days free, and each referral gets 3 months free
- When your first 3 referrals fund, you get an extra free year.
- Once you have referred five Qualifying New Accounts (and received the associated fee waivers), you will no longer be eligible for future fee waivers. Even when you are not eligible to receive a fee waiver, you will be permitted to send invites to friends and they will be eligible to receive fee waivers through the Betterment Refer a Friend Program.
If you already have a current Betterment account, find your referral link using the interface after logging in. If you don’t yet have an account with Betterment, be sure to get some referrals going after signing up.
- Subject to the limitations above, a “Qualifying New Account” is a new individual Betterment account opened by your Betterment referee friend using the special designated link from your invitation, which your referee friend funds with an initial deposit, provided that the initial deposit is not withdrawn for 90 days. Betterment is not responsible for incorrect entry or other failure on the part of your referee to meet the standards of a Qualifying New Account.
- Employer-sponsored retirement accounts provided through Betterment for Business are not Qualifying New Accounts. If you are a participant in your employer’s retirement plan through Betterment for Business, and also have a personal Betterment account, only your personal account will receive fee waivers under the Betterment Refer a Friend Program. Accounts advised through the Betterment for Advisors platform are also not Qualifying New Accounts or eligible for fee waivers through this program, and if you become advised through the Betterment for Advisors platform during a period in which Betterment is waiving the fees applicable to your account under the Refer a Friend program, Betterment will not waive any fees following such date. This promotion does not apply to any fees charged by an advisor you are matched with through the Betterment Advisor Network.
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Offer available to U.S. residents only. Betterment reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time for any reason, to limit the amount of account bonuses you are eligible to receive, and to refuse or recover any promotion award if Betterment determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, that any rules or regulations would be violated, or that any terms of the Betterment Account Agreements have been violated.
Betterment brings a great service that is accessible for all income brackets and investment objectives. It’s solid reputation and growing client base are a testimony to the fact that robo-advisory services are appreciated by the market.
They are a reasonably priced product, easy to use, accessible and all-encompassing. If you’re a high capital investor with at least $100k to invest, you may want to consider Personal Capital, which has a robo-advisory service along with industry leading human financial advisor services. See the list of the current best Robo-Advisors here.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Bank of America Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||Up To $240||Review|
|You Invest℠ by J.P. Morgan||Up To $725||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,500||Review|
|Betterment||1 Year Free||Review|